Interact Coding Sessions
Use Qualified to collaborate during a technical interview.
What is an Interact Coding Session?
Every assessment in Qualified can be joined in to become an pair-programming session at any time!
With just one or two clicks, you can hop into any active assessment, and work with a candidate to see how they work in a team environment, or provide interactive assistance and training to students.
The easiest way to start an Interact Coding Session is to click on Interact Sessions from the top of the page.
Interact Coding Sessions Dialog
This opens the Interact Coding Sessions Dialog, which will show you any active coding sessions you can join in on. If you haven't already invited someone, you can do so from this screen.
Once a developer has connected, they will show up in the list. Click on their name to join in.
Running an Interact Coding Session
During an interact session has started, you can:
- Watch the participant enter code in real time
- Edit the participant's solution and sample test cases for them
- View the results of the most recent test or submission attempt
- View details about the current challenge
- Jump between upcoming or already finished challenges using the sidebar links.
- Note: When reviewing previous challenges, they will be in read-only mode
- Return to the challenge the candidate is working on by clicking Back to Candidate's Challenge
- The current challenge is also noted with the small person icon ().
- If enabled on your account, add a review to the developer's solution immediately.
- You will be invited to provide an overall review immediately upon the candidate submitting the assessment.
Once a coding session is complete, you still have access to all the review tools you have for normal assessments. This includes code playback, allowing you to playback the interview as it unfolded.
To learn more about reviewing candidates, see Reviewing Assessment Results.